The plug-in provides the same capabilities as the well-known OneSignal plugin, where GDPR-compliant Google – FCM is responsible for sending messages and storing related user data. The affected user data is thus stored in a completely isolated environment and used for messaging.
* Connected to a private Google Account, and free from any external data traffic, thus complying with EU – GDPR regulations.
For its usage we need:
- A Mautic with the contacts of the corresponding web-, or mobil application.
- A Google – Firebase project, which in general generate and store the Push IDs (‘FCM registration token’) at the registration process.
- And furthermore we have to manage to register the corresponding users to the push notification service with our application.
- In case of web application it is very simply with the embedding of the plugin offered .JS script (with Mautic Focus element, or with Google – Tag Manager, or with any other comfortable solution).
- In case of native mobile application an application developer have to put some extra lines into the code of the application.
- To show the notifications there is no special requirement in case of web applications, but with mobile applications an application developer has to parse and show the message data sent to the application by Mautic through FCM.
At any push notification registration the corresponding push ID is stored also in Mautic, therefore notification can be sent by it.